In general women are viewed as “girlfriends”, and as far as I can remember from my childhood, it was always acceptable for girls and women to hold hands and be affectionate towards each other. It was not alarming for women to be close, and it was not really associated with homosexuality. Men on the other hand are suppose to be tougher, and for men to touch each other, or hold hands, or walk really close to each other would not be ok. I remember having sleepovers with my girlfriends, when I was a little girl, and we all slept in one bed, but when boys would have sleepovers, they would sleep separately. Each of the boys in a different bed, or in a sleeping bag.
I guess women were more trusted not to “do anything irrational” then men, and also since for centuries women acted that way, as a girls club, it just became normal to see them together. It got passed men to see that women can have intimate relationships with each other not only as friends. Homosexuality and women were not put on the same shelf.
I think that it is more acceptable for women to be homosexual, because women are not taken seriously, and also men have those crazy fantasies about women making out. I think it’s sick for men to see women as sexual objects, even if the women are homosexual.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment