

Maya Angelou
I chose Maya Angelou for my presentation by chance. My first choice was Virginia Woolf, simply because I already knew so much about her. I thought as a woman, and a writer she was remarkable.
However, things in life sometimes work against me in one way or another. I was accepted as a fourth member of another group, which already decided to focus on Maya Angelou. I knew just a bit about her. Of course she’s a living person, so I have seen her on TV several times. I have seen her deliver one of her poems for President Clinton’s inauguration. I just didn’t know much about her. After reading her short bio, I decided that by chance this was a great choice for our presentation, because she is also a remarkable woman with a life to die for. Truly a pleasure to learn more about her.
No comments:
Post a Comment