Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Role of women in today's American culture.

I don’t know how this happened, but I made 2 postings on the blog, but I had no idea they were suppose to be on a specific topic.
My ONE free choice qualifies, but the other post does not, as I didn’t write about the role of women in today’s American culture.

So here’s a correct posting:

In my opinion the role of women in today’s American culture has changed in the last decade or so. I don’t live in this country long enough to see the changes over many years, but I definitely see changes for the better. Women used to have very traditional roles, like mothers, wives, cooks, cleaners, etc. Women in wealthy homes did not work outside of the home, poor women if given a chance would be working in factories, or as housekeepers, nannies and so on.
In today’s society and culture American women have many roles. Some do choose to stay home and be mothers and wives, but they are no longer required to have this role only. Women are able to go to school, get education, have careers. Now-a-days men, who earn less then their wives stay home, and take care of the children. It’s becoming more acceptable for men to stay home, and for women, to work outside the home.
Women are able to do the same jobs as men traditionally would do. Women are artists, writers, business owners, doctors, pilots, CEOs, Olympians and they work in all fields and on all levels of career path. On the other hand, there’s still less women doing all those jobs then man, and there are more women living on this planet than men.
Women are becoming equal to men in reality then ever before. We have proven we can do the same jobs just as well. Of course the sexism still exists, and that’s why we don’t see equal numbers of men and women working in certain fields. However, we can see a lot of progress, especially in America. Women’s roles are diverse, and there are many different roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment